Course Experience & Educational Credits
CPTED Courses are presented at a University Level and incorporate classroom learning, case studies, and field trip settings, utilizing audio, visual, and site inspection techniques and experiences. Continuing Education Credits are available for members of the Landscape Architecture (BCSLA) and Planning Institute (PIBC) Associations. AIBC members may self-report for Learning Unit consideration. Professional Development Credits are available for members of Security Associations such as ASIS.
Level 1 Basic CPTED Course
The four (4) day Course will provide participants with a solid, practical, working knowledge of CPTED Principles and Strategies.. 1st and 2nd Generation CPTED, Community CPTED and SafeGrowth® theory, concepts and terminology. Understanding the relationship between built environments and crime and disorder and the tools to Holistically deal with them. The Level 1 Basic CPTED Course is a pre-requisite to taking the Level 2 Advanced CPTED Course.
Level 2 Advanced CPTED Course
This four (4) day Course builds upon the Level 1 Basic CPTED Course and covers such topics as; Effective Analysis, Report Writing, CPTED & Schools, CPTED and Parks, CPTED & Social Housing, CPTED & Homelessness, Architectural Plan Reading. Each group will be assigned a real world exercise dealing with either a Hot Spot Area, New Development or Social Housing site and present their findings to the class. The Level 2 Advanced CPTED Course is a pre-requisite for taking the Level 3 CPTED Certification Course.
Level 3 CPTED Certificate Course
This two (2) day Course will cover CPTED & Convenience Stores, CPTED & Cannabis Stores, Physical Security, CPTED & Landscaping a CPTED Round Table and CPTED Test. Candidates will also present their Case Study Exercises from their own jurisdictions. After candidates have successfully completed all Course Levels, two tests and the Site Plan Exercise and submitted their CPTED Review / Assessment Reports, they will be issued with their Certified CPTED Practitioner Certificate.
One and Two-day CPTED Workshops are tailored to specific clients and audiences such as; Municipalities, Parks, Community Safety, and Auxiliary / Reserve Police Programs. Call or Email for Workshop Topics / Themes and Fees. (250-418-0770 / firstname.lastname@example.org)
Who Should Attend?
|· Municipal & Regional Design Professionals
· Landscape Architects (Public & Private Sector)
· Urban Planners (Public & Private Sector)
· Crime Prevention Unit Officers, Coordinators & Volunteers
· Community Safety Officers & Coordinators
· By-Law Enforcement Officers & Staff
· Town & City Councilors & Officials
· Design Review Committee Members
· Public & Private Security Professionals, Managers & Staff
· Facility Management Professionals
|· Architects (Public & Private Sector)
· Police Service Members & Officers
· Park and Rec Planners, Managers, Facility & Maintenance Staff
· Crime Free Multi-Housing Officers & Coordinators
· Police Auxiliary & Reserve Officers
· Building Inspectors & Fire Inspectors
· Business Improvement Associations
· Zoning & Planning Committee Members
· Provincial & Federal Agencies
· Housing & Property Management Professionals
|· Anyone involved in the planning & design process or interested in safer, sustainable, more profitable environments.